8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
14-18 yrs old
This world starts with the code connector and basic commands to build two loops. Rhythmical loops based on Steve Reich's 'Clapping Music.'
January 23, 2018
Music & Minecraft YouTube Walkthoughs
A series of videos made by myself and future students on coding Music in Minecraft.
Music Phasing World
This world has the two model loops for 'Clapping Music' programmed and ready to go.
1. How to link the 'code connector?'
2. What coding commands can I use to build?
3. If I have a rhythm. How can I make it play a pattern?
4. How can a loop be made to play 'in time' (such as in 4/4 time)?
5. By taking an existing model of work (music or Minecraft) how can that build my knowledge?
Before you start this lesson watch the short YouTube videos I have made that lead up to this project (video 5): http://bit.ly/MusicandMinecraft
1. See two ways of notating rhythm in Minecraft.
2. Identify and experiment with linear and looped patterns (or functions).
3. Develop a series of code commands for building loops.
By extension, add another pattern or the next one from Steve Reich's 'Clapping Music.'
Sign in with your Microsoft account and sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.