6-7 yrs old
8-10 yrs old
11-13 yrs old
Math & Economics
Reading and Writing
Students will use their knowledge of area and perimeter to create a zoo. They will create a commercial about their zoo.
August 29, 2018
How big will I need to make this zoo?
How many animals will I have in my zoo?
What kind of square footage will each animal need?
What will draw people to visit my zoo?
1. Students will work with a partner or as a team.
2. Students will come up with a name of the zoo.
3. Create a rough draft of your zoo, make sure you use the checklist to include everything.
4. Find the area and perimeter of each item in the zoo.
5. Create a final draft of your zoo on graph paper.
6. Create a key for your map of the zoo.
7. Research information about your animals. Each animal needs to have a sign telling information about them.
8. Create your zoo in Minecraft.
9. Create a commercial about your zoo.
Students will accurately complete the area and perimeter calculations. They will also create an accurate draft on graph paper and follow their draft design when building in Minecraft. Students are unable to work in Minecraft until their calculations and graph paper design are done and approved by the teacher.
Students will create a sign about each animal. Each sign needs to tell their: habitat, eating habits, and what countries they can be found in.
Students will create a commercial after they are done with their zoo in Minecraft. The commercial has to be a minimum of 30 seconds, but no more than 2 minutes. Students will write a rough draft script before they create the actual commercial.
Sign up for the Minecraft: Education Edition newsletter. We promise to respect your inbox.